Application Terms and Refund Policies
Application Terms and Conditions
- The applicant has a 14-day right of return (starting at the point where the application was handed in, respectively the application fees were paid).
- BIC reserves the right to cancel courses on short notice due to lack of participants. See refund policies for refund details.
- Relevant tuition fees and deadlines are published on www.berlin-international-college.de and provided to the student in advance as an invoice in electronic form.
- Any transfer or banking costs incurred by either party are to be covered by the student.
- One warning will be issued starting on the date of the payment deadline and two more warnings at consecutive one-week intervals.
- Upon issue of the third warning, the student will be withdrawn from the BIC Preparation Program and any program results withheld until payment is received.
- All invoices and payments must be made in EUR.
- Neither agreeing to these conditions nor the availability of complaints and appeals processes removes the right of the student to take action under Germany’s consumer protection laws.
- Students who withdraw before the program starts will be refunded 80% of the total tuition fees.
- Students who arrive late for their BIC Preparation Program because receipt of their visa was delayed cannot receive a refund for the missed weeks.
- If students do not receive their visa and their program has not started yet a full refund minus a processing fee of 10% of the total tuition fee amount will be issued.
- If students do not receive their visa while their program was already taking place and the students were attending classes, on-site or virtually, and 10% of the planned program duration has passed a refund of tuition fees will be available on a pro rata temporis basis. This means, that a refund will be available for the program part that is still in the future and has not been attended yet, minus a processing fee of 20% of the total tuition fee.
- Students may, in some cases start their studies, on-site or virtually, before their uni-assist result is available. If after attending classes their uni-assist result comes out negative, meaning no admission to Berlin International College is given, a refund of tuition fees will be available on a pro rata temporis basis. This means, that a refund will be available for the program part that is still in the future and has not been attended yet, minus a processing fee of 10% of the total tuition fee.
- In the event that BIC is unable to deliver a program, a full refund minus a processing fee of 10% of the total tuition fees will be issued, and the student may be considered for an alternative program, if an alternative program is available at the given time.
- Withdrawal must be received in written form.
- Students eligible for a refund on the above or on any other grounds must submit a request form (can be obtained from BIC Admission Office) to BIC completed and signed.