Applying for BIC Preparation Program is easy! All it takes are the few steps described below.
Before applying have a look at the different program options at BIC.
1. Choose your program
2. Apply with us
- Fill in online application form and upload your documents.
- Pay application fee of 195 EUR.
3. Wait for assessment
- BIC will assess your documents via uni-assist
- When confirmed, university will create conditional offer letter for you
4. Accept your study offer
- BIC will send your admission documents for BIC program and conditional offer letter from university.
- You need to confirm, sign contracts and pay first installment.
5. Apply for your visa
6. Travel to Berlin
Choose your university study degree, the corresponding university, and a matching BIC program.
- We recommend using our search tool.
- You may also browse through our departments/fields of study.
- If you need help with these steps we will be happy to assist you.
- Gather the necessary documents (see also Requirements for your chosen program) and make digital scans of them.
Please make sure they are well readable.
- Start your online application
- Fill in your personal data.
- Upload your virtual documents.
- Pay the application fee of 195 EUR.
- You speed up the process by uploading all required documents in the portal and finishing your application right away.
Account Holder: BIC Berlin International College GmbH
Reference: Application fee for ____________ (insert your application ID and name)
Bank: Deutsche Bank AG
Branch address: Stohlmannplatz 2, 33330 Gütersloh
Branch code: 330
If you have already started an application using the online application system, you can use the login details sent to you via e-mail to continue your application.
Your application will be processed by BIC trough several instances.
- Uni-assist will test your general university admission.
- Thereafter, the partner university will assess your admission with them.
This process takes around 6-12 weeks; it may take less time or longer depending on the completeness of your application and/or peak times at uni-assist. You will receive an e-mail from us once a result is available. Please check your e-mail and spam folder regularly.
There is no additional acceptance examination!
- You will receive a package offer, which includes
- Your BIC Acceptance Letter
- Your conditional offer letter from your chosen university
- Next, you will need to accept your study offer by
- Signing your contract and
- Paying the first installment of your tuition fees
- We will send you information on how to apply at your local German embassy.
- Please read all of the information, as well as the information provided on the German embassy's website.
- Gather all of your necessary documents for your visa application.
- Make a visa appointment with your local German embassy.
- You will need to apply for a national visa, type study preparation or study visa (depending which your local German embassy offers).
- Once you provide the German embassy with proof of insurance for Germany you may receive your passport including your visa.
- Arrange housing for your stay in Berlin, Germany.
- Organize your travel. Please check with us if you are uncertain about the arrival date, or any other detail. Pick up by public transport is available during regular office hours.