Why do I need BIC?

  • Most students formally need to do a preparatory program before they can enter a German university
    • either to learn German language
    • and/or to complete a Studienkolleg program, which consists of multiple subject courses (in English or German language).
  • Just finished your Bachelor's degree? For most Master's degrees in Germany you need to learn German language.
  • Want to study German in Berlin, and would like to join a bunch of students from all around the globe, making new friends on the way and advancing  your German really quickly? You've come to the right place!
  • Just failed your FSP or a different type of university entrance exam? Search no more. We have great courses and alternatives for you.


BIC offers a full service experience: You apply with us and we handle the rest.

  • We take care of your entire application process with uni-assist and the partner university.
  • You receive a conditional offer letter from one of our partner universities. After finishing our program you can start your university degree right away.
  • We assist you with formalities abroad and in Germany.
  • You can take part in extracurricular events and activities throughout the program.
  • Prior German language knowledge is not necessary.*
  • No entry exam for the Studienkolleg courses

*Please see your country's German embassy website for more details; may vary from country to country.