Universidad de Ciencias Aplicadas de Magdeburgo-Stendal
Campus Magdeburg and Stendal, Saxony-Anhalt
Students approx. 6.300
Página web: https://www.hs-magdeburg.de/en/home.html
Founded in 1991, the University has long gained a reputation for its well-rounded academic education programme and motivated student body. Interested students can choose from around 50 study programmes taught at three departments in Magdeburg and two departments in Stendal.
Around 130 professors guarantee a very good staff-to-student contact ratio, with approximately 4,200 students in Magdeburg and 2,100 in Stendal. Since the winter semester 2005/06, the University exclusively offers Bachelor and Master study programmes.
If you have experienced an overly theoretical lecture in secondary school, you probably prefer learning “hands on”. Excellent! The University focuses on practice-oriented studies that connect in-classroom learning with practical experience.
If you are about to start your student life, you probably are thinking about student budget. No problem! The semester fee is affordable, and in Magdeburg it also includes use of the local transit system. The housing in Magdeburg and Stendal is low-price and good-quality.
Language courses and cultural events
If you are reading this, you probably have already learned at least a foreign language, namely English. Great! The University provides ample opportunity for expanding your horizons through language courses and cultural events.
New at the university? Student mentors support foreign students and help them to get their bearings at the University. Become a buddy and help your international fellow students! For incomings and potential mentors.
- "Tutorium Internationales"
Our tutors host a weekly seminar for German and foreign students. By attending you will learn worthwhile knowledge about living, studying and working in other cultures
If you are about to start your student life, you probably are thinking about having fun. Rock on! Magdeburg and Stendal are great places for students. The student committee organizes parties, the sport office keeps you active, and the green campuses are perfect for chilling out after class.
In the heart of Germany
The central location of both sites within Germany enables rapid connections to Berlin, Hannover or Leipzig. Ideal for excursions to these cities!
Further reasons to study at Magdeburg-Stendal University
- The University offers very well equipped teaching and research rooms as well as libraries etc. on both sites. On most degree programmes there is also a very good staff-to-student ratio so that personal contact is possible.
- We support your introduction to studying and everyday life: in addition to the Late Summer School before every winter semester there is the Buddy Programme for international students and the “Tutorium Internationales”, where international and German students can get to know each other and exchange views on each others cultures.
- Students feel very at ease at our University: for example, 81% of those surveyed stated that they were glad or very glad to be studying here. (Studienqualitätsmonitor 2010).
- Stendal is a historical hanseatic city, but the campus with its approximately 1,500 students is very new and compact. This means that all campus facilities are conveniently nearby, and gives the campus a family atmosphere.
- Magdeburg is a student city with a combined total of over 18,000 students at its two universities. Leisure time can be enjoyed in the many cafes, pubs and clubs or making the most of sporting and cultural activities including cinema, theatre, exhibitions, concerts, museums and much more.
- Magdeburg has also developed into a centre of research with a host of research institutes and networks. This allows insights into research practice, e.g. in the course of an internship.